This article will take you through the steps to begin an incident report.
Because the NEMSIS ePCR is integrated within our NFIRS incident report, the first thing to do is to begin an incident report:
1. From the Welcome Page, click on the Incidents button on the Module Button Stack.
2. Click "New" to start a new incident report.
3. Complete Basic Info 1 (all red fields are required). Click "Next" to save your data and advance to the next page.
4. In Basic Info 2, select the "Yes" radio button for "Patient Care Reports (PCRs) are required for this incident". This will trigger the dynamic page for the ePCR. Click "Next" to save your data and advance to the next page.
5. Complete Basic Info 3. Click "Next" to save your data and advance to the next page.
6. On Basic 4, you'll notice two new fields for times: PSAP and Dispatch Notified. These times are NEMSIS 3.4.x required times, but (this is important!) they are not red in our system because these fields are nillable, which means they can be left blank and the ePCR is still valid. It's still a best practice to enter times here.
7. Click "Add Apparatus" to begin entering the apparatus involved with the incident.
8. Enter Apparatus Info, Times and Crews. When finished entering apparatus, click "Next" to save your data and advance to the next page.
NOTE: The names of the Response Modes are different in NEMSIS 3. Click here to learn about the NEMSIS 3 response modes.
9. Enter data elements in Basic 5. Click "Next" to save your data and advance to the next page.
10. Ok, that was easy! Now you're ready to start your first NEMSIS 3-compliant ePCR. Click on the "Add New Patient" button.