This article describes our new Frequent Flyer feature.
This efficient new feature helps first responders shorten the time it takes to complete a report by auto-filling pertinent data about a patient from a previous ePCR. This feature eliminates having to spend time re-entering data that typically does not change for a patient.
Part 1: Enable Frequent Flyer option for the account (this only needs to be done once)
1. Go to Administration > Required Fields and Customizations
2. In the NEMSIS 3 section, check the option for Enable Frequent Flyer.
3. A dialog appears with a disclaimer. Click “Enable” to activate the Frequent Flyer option.
Part 2: How Frequent Flyer works when entering a Patient in an ePCR
1. As patient data is entered, the system checks to see if any of the following combinations of data match an existing previous patient record where only 1 occurrence is found.
Note #1: The system will only look at authorized PCRs.
Note #2: If the patient found exists in multiple ePCRs, the system will populate the new ePCR with the patient data from the most recent ePCR.
A. First Name, Last Name and Date of Birth
B. Driver’s License Number, State and Date of Birth
2. Upon finding a match, a dialog displays with a summary of the person found:
3. If the user clicks “No, Thanks”, then no information is filled in.
4. If the user clicks “Prefill this PCR”, then the following information is filled in from the previous encounter in the following fields:
A. Patient Info panel
- First name, last name, middle name
- Driver’s License and State
- Social Security
- Home address
B. Medical History panel
- Medical History obtained from
- Patient practitioners
- Med allergies
- Food allergies
- Medical / Surgical history
- Current medications
C. Billing panel
- Primary method of payment
- Payer type
- All fields for each Insurance company
The Frequent Flyer feature will speed up the data entry of patients you visit often.