Adding Equipment to your account can be accomplished using several methods. Choosing the method best for you can be based upon the number of items to be added.
Bulk Import Tool:
Our Bulk Import tool can be used to import equipment when multiple new items are purchased and placed in-service at one time. A detailed Knowledge Base Article for using this method can be found here.
Adding Equipment from Equipment Grid:
This method can be used to enter one item or several items with common data except for ID number, Serial/Lot# and Modell#.
1. To enter equipment start with navigating to the Maintenance Module:
2. If you are not at the Equipment Grid, select Equipment on the Navigation Bar:
3. Select "Add New Equipment" or select the Add New Equipment Icon () in the Actions Column for the Category or Subcategory you desire to place the equipment in. If you choose to use the Icon in the Action Column, the Category or Category/Subcategory will be automatically selected for you.
4. When the Add New Equipment panel opens, the following fields can be utilized to document your equipment. These fields can be made required by editing the Category. Categories and Subcategories can be created when entering equipment. A Knowledge Base Article to learn how to perform these functions can be found here. A mandatory field is noted with a red asterisk (*).
- Equipment ID
- Manufacture Date
- Actual Cost
- Estimated Replacement Cost
- Replacement/Retirement Date
- In Service Date
- Add File
5. After your data is entered, you can select "Save" to save and exit or "Save and Add Another". When selecting "Save and Add Another" all data in the record is saved and most fields are presented on a new equipment record with only the Equipment ID, Serial/Lot#, and Model# fields needing data entered.