This is the main incident grid view page, and displays all incidents for your agency.
Create a New Incident
Click the “New” icon in the upper left corner. This creates a new incident at the Incomplete level.
Calls are classified at three different levels, as described below.
This is the default level of the incident, and is displayed as a red, unlocked padlock. This level call is available to any user with status of Can Enter Calls (or higher).
This level indicates the report has been completed and is awaiting review. The following users have access to calls at this level:
- User with Supervisor or Administrator status
- Originator of report.
This level indicates that the call has been completed and reviewed by a supervisor. Only users with Supervisor or Administrator may access these calls. Reviewed calls are available for export to the state / FEMA / Medical Billing, etc.
1. New: Start new, blank Incidents here.
2. Incident List Window: Where Incidents are displayed and accessible.
3. Search: Use these functions to search Incident(s) that meet specified criteria. Three options are available to search by.
The Incident Module has a very powerful search interface. Some search options are limited to Supervisors and Administrators. Search options are on the left side of the screen from the Main Incident Grid View page.
Multi-Record Search: This allows one of the following call levels to be accessed:
- All Calls
- Incomplete Calls
- Complete Calls
- Reviewed Calls
There is also an “Only my Incidents” checkbox, which allows only incidents that are assigned to you to be displayed. The checkbox can be used in addition to the call level selector, so only Incomplete calls that are assigned to you can be displayed, for example. NOTE: Administrators and Supervisors can set Complete Incidents to Reviewed, in mass, but doing a multi-record search for Complete Calls. Each Incident of the returned results will have a checkbox. Check the appropriate Incidents and enter a Password, then click Update to set the selected Incidents to Reviewed.
On April 20th, 2012 a new feature was added into the multi-record search, allowing for filtering of the results by some common date ranges, that looks like this:
Single Record Search: This search option searches for an individual Incident by Incident number or Patient Care Report (PCR) number. The user must still have the correct privileges to view any patient information.
Advanced Search: This search is the most versatile of the Incident search options. When selected, you can search for a variety of attributes individually, or search for specific Incidents that meet multiple criteria. Some options, such as patient information searches, are only available to accounts that have EMS enabled and also to users that have Supervisor or Administrator access levels.
4. Pagination: Twenty incidents display at a time in the Incident Windows List at a time, and additional Incidents are stored on chronological pages. Use the Pagination tool – by either clicking on a number to jump that specific page OR clicking the Next button to jump to the next consecutive page – to view older Incidents. Newest Incidents are displayed higher up the Incident list than older ones.
5. Delete Incidents: The delete tool irrevocably removes Incidents from accounts. Reviewed calls cannot be deleted. To delete a Reviewed call, it will first need to be unlocked by a Supervisor.
To delete an incident:
- Navigate to the Incident to be deleted
- Click the corresponding Delete icon
- Click OK to the verification dialog box
NOTE: Once you delete an incident, its incident number becomes available for re-use. However, you will need to enter the number manually to re-use it; if you select the Next ID option in the Incident Number text box, it will generate a new number based on the most recent incident number. For instance, if you create Incidents 1, 2, and 3, then delete Incident 2, you will be able to create a new Incident and re-use the number 2 by entering it manually. But the Next ID option will generate an Incident number of 4.
Unlock Exported/Unexported Incidents for Additional Modification: The “Unlock” text displays for users with Administration access to the Incident module on incidents that have previously been exported to the proper authority.
NOTE: Users without Administrator access to the Incident module will not be able to unlock exported incidents.
Users can unlock and edit incidents that have been exported.
To unlock an exported incident:
1. Click Unlock under the trash can icon
2. Click the incident text to unlock the appropriate incident
3. The incident will then revert to Complete (yellow padlock) status and can be accessed and modified by Incident Supervisors and Incident Administrators.
To unlock an un-exported incident:
1. Click on the incident text to open it
2. Click the Unlock text under the Delete Section
3. Go to Authorize and check the box to allow the call to be re-exported