Hydrants can be added in two ways:
- via import from a .csv file or
- manually one hydrant at a time.
Importing is the most effective way of adding numerous hydrants at one time. Manual entry is best when new hydrants are added due to new construction, etc.
Manual Entry of Hydrants
- Navigate to the Hydrants Module.
- Click on Add Hydrant.
- Enter the appropriate data.
- You can manually enter a Hydrant ID or choose Next ID. If your agency is not responsible for hydrant maintenance you will most likely want to manually enter the Hydrant ID to match what your water district uses. You can then fill in address information.
- You can also click on the Map icon to view the location of the hydrant.
- The Map View opens in a pop-up window with a pin showing the location of the hydrant. In this instance it was not plotted at the intersection we wanted.
- To correct the location of the hydrant we can:
- Click on the Move button,
- Drag the Pin to the location we want it, and then
- Click the OK button.
- Back on the Hydrant screen, we can see that the Latitude andLongitude have been populated with the coordinates of where we relocated the pin to. Once all the data is appropriately filled in, we can click on the Save button.
- The Details tab allows us to record additional information about the hydrant properties.
- The Files/Images tab allows you to upload a picture of the hydrant or other files associated with the hydrant.