Flow Test data can be added in two ways:
- via import from a .csv file, or
- manually one hydrant at a time.
Importing is the most effective way of adding numerous records at one time. Manual entry is best when you have one or very few flow tests to enter and the data is not entered into a spreadsheet. Having flow test data entered for your hydrants will result in proper NFPA color coding of the hydrants in map views.
Important: When importing via .csv files using a Mac you must save as a Windows compatible .csv file.
Important: When importing via .csv files you must ensure that any data you want to be present in the Hydrants Module is present in the .csv file. Any fields which are empty in the .csv file will also be blank in the Hydrants Module after import regardless of their status prior to the import.
Import of Flow Tests
- Navigate to the Hydrants Module.
- Click on Settings on the menu bar.
- Click on the Imports tab at the far right.
- Click on Flow Tests.
- The Flow Tests Import screen consists of three sections:
- Import File,
- Import Data Fields, and
- CSV Sample. Section 2 shows the required fields and formatting for the .csv file. You will notice that Start Time and Hydrant ID are the only columns on your spreadsheet that require a value to be entered. Even if you do not have data for one of the columns the column must still be present in order to import the data into the proper fields. However, in order for the hydrants to be color-coded in map view, Volume at Desired Pressure is also required. Section 3 allows you to download a sample .csv file to assist you in setting up your import file.
- Click on Choose File, navigate to the .csv file containing your properly formatted flow test data and select Open. The file name will now show next to Choose File. Now click on Upload CSV.
- In the event you already have flow test data in your system which are also in your .csv upload file you will be presented with a warning. You will be able to view the details of the data which is in conflict and then choose:
- Yes Overwrite to use the data from the .csv file,
- No, Continue Without Overwrite to import only the hydrants which are not in the system, or
- Cancel to cancel the import process.
- After a successful import you will be taken back to the Flow Tests Import page where the results of your import are shown.