This new feature within the Emergency Reporting system will allow you to view your Incident data on a heat map. The heat map is a graphic representation of the station's incident data where the individual values contained in a matrix are represented as colors.
Here is how to view the heat map that will display your incident data:
- Navigate to the Incident Module.
- Choose the Date Range for the incidents you want the heat map to display. If you want to see all of your incidents, change the dropdown to "All Time."
- In the top of the screen, click on Switch to Map View.
- Note: This is only available for Emergency Reporting customers with Google Maps Integration.
- The Heat Map is the default for this view. The incidents displayed include all incidents, both Fire and EMS calls (unless you specify otherwise as noted below). Areas shaded red contain the highest density of calls, while yellowindicates a medium amount of calls and green indicates the least.
Other Helpful Hints:
- To switch back to a Pin Map, navigate to the dropdown box where "Heat Map"is selected and switch it to "Pin Map."
- You can change the Date Range at any time by changing that dropdown to any range you prefer (last 30 days, this year, this year and last, or all time).
- You can change the heat map to display only fire calls by selectingAdvanced Search.
- The Advanced Search and Multi-Record Search bars in the left-hand corner allow you to change the preferences/calls you want to view on the heat map.
- Heat Maps is not currently available on Internet Explorer 8.