This article will show you how to create a Class Template in Training 3.0. Class Templates can be used to speed up the process of routinely conducted trainings and are also used in JPRs. You can learn more about JPRs here: JPRs
- Navigate to the Training 3.0 Module.
- Click on Add Class Template at the top of the page.
- Type in the name of the Class Template.
- Choose Create Template from Scratch. Alternatively, if your account already has templates that have been made you can choose the second option and select a template from the dropdown list to use as a foundation.
- Click Add Template.
- You are now at the Class Template Details screen. This is almost identical to a training class entry with the exception of three things: there is no Date field on the Info tab and there are no Narrative or People tabs because they are unique to a specific class entry.
The image below indicates the step in this tutorial that each field is covered under.
- You can edit the name by typing in the Class Template Name box in the event you want to change it from what you initially input.
- Select your Class Category from the dropdown list. These are what have been set up in the Settings. For further instruction: Setting Up Training 3.0 - Part 02 - Class Categories
- Enter in your desired Class Length or if you have Track Hours by Training Code turned on the Settings this Value will be calculated based on Training Code hours.
- Select your Station. This field will link the Daily Log entry that is automatically generated upon the completion of a class to a specific station. This field is not required.
- Choose your Evaluation Method(s). One selection is required, but more than one can be selected.
- Written: A written or computer-based test will be administered to students.
- Subjective: Instructors or Evaluators will judge Students’ performance on tasks.
- Manipulative: Students’ grades will be determined by completion of tasks.
- Agency personnel: Select a user in this list from your department.
- Type in Instructor Name: Type the first name in the first box, last name in the second box and the Agency name in the third box.