Job Performance Requirements (JPRs) allow you to group classes together to achieve a training objective that is too large for just one class. You can finish a JPR with or without creating a certification.
Note: JPR’s are limited to Full Permissions Users at this time. Only the Training Officers or Chiefs need to set up the JPR’s for the department. Company officer level participation will be at the class level.
- Navigate to the Training Module.
- Navigate to the JPR button.
- Click on Add New JPR. A pop-up will appear where you can add in information.
- Give the JPR a Title, Start Date, End Date and Description. This will define what the JPR is going to accomplish and how long a person has to complete the requirement.
Next, navigate to Add Class Templates and add a single class template or a series of class templates so that anytime a class is made from the template it is available for completion of that JPR.Note: If you do not currently have Class Templates in the Training 3.0 Module, you will have to build a class template to utilize JPRs.Click here to learn how to create a Class Template.
Once you get the templates added, then you can add the people who need to complete the JPR. Note: When you add a class that is attached to a JPR, and one or more of the people who are assigned to that JPR are in the class, they will get credit for that part of the JPR.
- On the JPR home screen, you will see the name of the JPR you just created, the Start Date, the End Date, the overall Status of the JPR, and the Completion Progress status of the students.
- By clicking on the Extra Info icon at the front of the line, you will see the description of the JPR and list of templates association with the JPR.
- If you click on the sideways arrow to the left of the JPR, it will show you the student level drilldown. This will display the students Name,Start Date, End Date, Completion Date, and personal Status.
- By clicking on the arrow by the students name, it will show you the individual classes that student has either completed or is scheduled to complete. It also shows the Class Name, Class Date, Pass / Fail, and class Status.
- Double click on a class if you want to review the class information.
- When a student has completed all the classes for a JPR, the Status will change to Pending. You will be able to see that he has completed X out of X classes (e.g. 4 out of 5).
When a person has completed all of the classes for the JPR you will then be able to complete the JPR for them and either:
- Complete without creating a Certification
- Complete into a Certification and manually upload a Certificate Document
- Complete and have ERS automatically generate a Certificate Document for them.
Click on the lock icon to grant the JPR as complete. Once you have chosen the method for completing the JPR put in the Granted Date and enter your password to finish.
- When you complete a JPR as a certification, the system will automatically make your certification in the student’s Personnel File (Administration Module > Personnel List). Once you hit edit on that certification, a link will appear next to the "Granted Date" which goes back to the JPR for that person and the class level drilldown.