The PPE Gauge is the most complicated in the group. It will allow you to monitor anyone who does not have a complete set of needed PPE for their assignment as well as the annual test requirements for PPE.
The criteria used to calculate the PPE compliance are:
- Does each person have an “In Service” set of ensemble equipment?
- Has the equipment in the ensemble had a Routine or Advanced Inspection within the specified inspection frequency?
- Has the equipment in the ensemble had an Annual Inspection within the last year?
- Are the equipment in the ensemble not past their Replacement dates?
The bars below the gauge represent combat personnel and their ensemble.
Green shows people that are Compliant - All equipment within the complete ensemble meet the following:
- In Service
- Has had a last Routine or Advanced Inspection within the specified inspection frequency
- Has had a last Annual inspection within the last year
- Replacement date has not passed
Red shows people that are Non-Compliant - They have a complete ensemble but one or more pieces has an issue:
- Does not have a last Routine or Advanced Inspection within the specified inspection frequency
- Has not had a last Annual inspection within the last year
Black shows people with Out of Service equipment or incomplete ensembles:
- Has a complete ensemble but any one of the items is marked Out of Service
- Has a complete ensemble but any one of the items is past its Replacement Date
- Does not have a complete ensemble
Clicking on the light bar will display the different PPE Lists and people who meet the criteria for that light bar. Clicking on a person’s name will take you to the PPE Sets for that person.
To see how the criteria for each light bar is calculated, click here.
Using the Light Bars
You can set the inspection requirements for your own department in the Equipment Category/Subcategory. There has to be at least a yearly “NFPA Annual Test" and another routine/advanced inspection within the inspection frequency that you specified.
Your choices are: Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Semi Annual, or Annual.
Here's an example:
The Black light bar shows a list of people who do not have all of the needed equipment. Clicking on a person’s name will take you to the PPE Sets for that person.
Here you can see that Grant Goodfellow does not have the needed PPE to be a structural Firefighter. By clicking on the blue text under the “Unassigned” will take you to the equipment list for that subcategory so that you can assign one for him.
Once all equipment is assigned you can see that the gauge is now showing 1 in the Red. This shows he has all of his equipment but something is out of compliance with the inspection criteria.
Clicking on his name in the Red list takes you back to his PPE list. This will show you that his helmet has not had a regular inspection in several months - so it needs to be inspected.
Once all personnel have equipment that is compliant the PPE Gauge will move and everything will be in the Green light bar area. The PPE sets list will look like this:
Sample history for a typical structure coat that is set to be inspected Monthly:
Our support department is always available to answer any additional questions you may have. Send an email to email@example.com