This article describes how to create a new Permit Form. After their creation, these forms can be included when filling out a Permit for an Occupancy.
Step 1: Navigate to the Settings in the Occupancy Module.
- Click on the Settings button.
- Click on Permit Forms.
Step 2: Click on the Add New Form button to add a new form.
- In the New Form Name field, type the name of your form.
Note: It’s helpful to provide a name logical to the type of permit the form will be used for. For example, create a “Hot Work Permit” form for permits related to Hot Work operations.
- In the Create From Form field, select what template to base your customized form off of.
- Blank Form allows you to manually enter the questions that will be part of your form.
- Selecting a pre-existing locked form provides a base on which to build your new Permit Form.
- Click the Add icon. The form is now saved and you will return to the original Form List.
Step 3: Click on the Edit icon next to the form to customize your form's description, categories, and questions.
- Click on the Add/Edit Form Description button to enter a description of the form. Then click the Save icon.
Step 4: Adding Categories into your Form.
- Click on the Add New Category button to begin creating categories for the form. (See previous image)
- In the Category field, enter the name of the category (e.g. Exits, Extinguishers, etc.)
- In the Sequence # field, enter an integer (e.g. 0, 1, 2, etc.) for the order position you want this category to appear within the form.
- Click on the Add icon when you are finished.
Note: Repeat Step 4 for each new category. If you wish to modify a category, click on the Category title. To delete a category, click on the Category's associated Delete icon.
Step 5: Add Questions to a category.
- Click on the Add Question button to begin adding questions to a category.
- In the Question field, enter a question you want to ask.
- In the Explanation field, enter a brief explanation of the question above.
Note: Many departments enter the applicable fire code in this field for easy reference.
- In the Sequence # field, enter an integer (e.g. 0, 1, 2, etc.) to mark which order you want this question to appear within the category.
- Click the Save icon.
Note: Repeat Step 5 for each new question you wish to add. To modify a question, click on the Question in the form. To delete a question, click on the Question's associated Delete icon.
Step 6: Add Signature Options to configure both the handwritten and electronic signatures that will appear on the printed Permit form.
- Click on the Add/Edit Signature Options.
- Click on the boxes next to each item you wish to appear on the printed Permit form. Once your choices are made, click the Save button.
- If you are satisfied with all the form categories and questions, you may lock the form by clicking the Lock This Form button.
Note: Once the form is locked, it cannot be edited or unlocked again. Only locked forms can be used for Permits.
Great job! After completing Steps 1-6, you have just created a Permit Form.