Some agencies have permit numbers that are issued by an outside agency. By default, Emergency Reporting assigns a unique permit number to generated permits. This Emergency Reporting permit number is not editable.
This article describes how to capture an Agency Assigned Permit ID on Occupancy Permits.
Step 1: Enable the Field in Occupancy Settings.
- Go to the Occupancy module and select Settings from the top menu bar.
- Go to Field Settings.
- Enable the option for "Enable Agency Permit ID" by checking the corresponding box.
- Click the Save icon.
Step 2: Enter the Agency Permit ID on the Permit.
- Now that the option is enabled, a new field called "Agency Permit ID" will appear when adding or editing a permit above the Permit Type field.
- Fill in the appropriate Agency Permit ID Number and complete the rest of the permit.
Step 3: Print the Permit.
- Now that the option is enabled, the Agency Assigned Permit ID will appear above the Emergency Reporting Permit Number when you print or email the Permit.