The article explains how to set up a follow-up inspection. This feature allows Inspectors to use a copy of the original inspection to follow up on any violations or other issues that need to be addressed. Corrections can be made without losing the original information that was entered during the previous inspection.
Step 1: Navigate to the Occupancy module's Settings and select Inspection Results.
Step 2: Select the inspection result that should have a Follow-up Inspection.
- Double click on the inspection result that should trigger a follow-up inspection.
- Check each box on the bottom of the page.
- Press the Save icon.
Step 3: Scheduling Follow-up Inspections.
- Now that you've specified an Inspection needs a follow-up inspection, when an inpsection is completed with this inspection result the system will now prompt you to schedule a follow-up inspection before the inspection can be authorized.
- Click the link at the bottom and then choose Schedule Single Inspection.
- Select the appropriate inspection type and date, then press Save. You should now be able to authorize the inspection on Page 4.
Step 4: Complete a Follow-up Inspection.
- There is now a "Do Follow-up Inspection" link on the inspection page. When the re-inspection is due, click the follow-up link.
- Click OK when prompted by the popup box.
- This will open a new inspection using the previous inspection so you are able to see the previous violations and notes. Edits made are saved as a new inspection and the original inspection is retained in the system.